Safeguarding Policy Commitment Statement
Gateway Church Swindon is committed to safeguarding children and adults with care and support needs within our care. We believe that it is always unacceptable for a child or adult with care and support needs to experience neglect or abuse of any kind.
- We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect of children (those under 18 years of age) and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We believe that every child should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that children we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
- We recognise that all children have the right to be treated with respect, to be listened to and to be protected from all forms of abuse.
- We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual, psychological and discriminatory abuse and neglect of adults with care and support needs and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We recognise that personal dignity and rights of adults with care and support needs and will ensure our policies and procedures reflect this.
- We believe that all adults should enjoy and have access to every aspect of the life of Gateway Church Swindon unless they pose a risk to the safety of ourselves, those we serve or themselves.
- Following the requirements of UK legislation about safeguarding children and adults with care and support needs, and good practice recommendations.
- Respecting the rights of children as described in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Implementing the requirements of legislation regarding people with disabilities.
- Ensuring that staff and volunteers adhere to the agreed procedures of our Safeguarding Policy.
- Keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding.
- Exercising proper care in the appointment and selection of all those who will work with children and adults with care and support needs.
- Supporting those involved in co-ordinating safeguarding in their work and in any action they may need to take to protect children or adults with care and support needs.
- Ensuring that everyone agrees to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by Gateway Church Swindon.
- Supporting parents and families.
- Nurturing, protecting and safeguarding of children (those under 18 years of age).
- Supporting, resourcing, training, monitoring and providing supervision to all those who undertake this work.
- Supporting all in Gateway Church Swindon affected by abuse in any form.
Can I see a full version of Gateway’s Safeguarding Policy?
To request a full version of our Safeguarding Policy, please contact us on 01793 526130 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child or adult with care and support needs, please contact us as soon as possible.